Wednesday, January 28, 2009



Thanks to Mr. Redlip for these three little gems. Described by the messenger poet laureate as "in situ". Very much so sir, very much so. Thanks for the postcards.

I have no clue who's bike this is, but it's in Seattle. Resting against a tree that has seen hundreds, maybe even thousands of messenger bikes leaned against it since the City Grind closed. I'm talking about the Monorail Espresso, Seattle's FIRST espresso cart. Eat that Starbucks!



Steve Young owns this beauty, its seatstays are bookended by TMKH, and if anyone's up to that task it's good olde #39. Can this guy do what needs to be done? Fair fu-in' dinkum mate!

The sticker so nice I have to feature it twice. This is the Monorail Espresso espresso machine. I have gotten hundreds of cups of coffee at this place, good coffee, real coffee. I would also occationally sip on a cup of their cocconut tea. Yummy.

4 comments:

  1. Where was the City Grind? I know of something like that now inside of Shitty Hall. Though, I love the rail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut tea, best kept secret in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Beard, I wish you had the opportunity to know about the real City Grind. It was across from 800 5th and north of 701. They ran tabs for all the messengers, TABS! They were making your drink before you even got up to the counter! They had chez lounges on the fucking lawn for us! They had reading material! They had it all and everywhere in the core was downhill from them. Their demise was one of the saddest things to happen to the Seattle messenger scene.

    ReplyDelete